Conserving water, energy and other resources is rewarding for you and great for the environment. Enjoy a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starpoints® awarded at check-out for each night you decline housekeeping (except day of departure).
Scroll down to learn more about the specific green initiatives we have implemented in each of the departments throughout the hotel. It feels good to conserve. Make A Green Choice.
To participate in the Make a Green Choice program, please tell us at check-in or look for the doorhanger in your guestroom.
ONE NIGHT CAN MEAN SIGNIFICANT SAVINGS
49.2 gallons is 787 cups, enough for 1 person to drink 2 cups per day for a year.
That's enough to run an Energy Star-rated laptop for 10 hours.
SAVE NATURAL GAS
Enough energy to heat a 400 square foot room at 70°F for 4 hours - when it's 10°F outside.
Fewer chemicals equals less toxicity in the environment. And that's good for everyone.
ADDITIONAL GREEN INITIATIVES
In our endeavor to participate in the global concerns of our environment, Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland has implemented the following programs:
- All showers have reduced water flow shower heads.
- Most public & guestrooms have reduced water flush
- Most restrooms have automatic reduce water flow sinks
- All sinks in guest rooms have aerators to reduce water flow
- All public areas lighting is retro fitted with 32 watt lighting
- All guestroom bedside lights are 13 watts
- All other guestroom lights are 23 watt compact fluorescent
- Glass, bottles and cardboard are recycled
- Linens and towels are changed upon request as opposed to daily
- The hotel’s laundry is using a new and improved softener; known as “Clearly Soft” the newly enhanced and environmentally friendly formula along with Ecolab PERformance wash systems reduces energy costs. This new product is Nonylphenol Ethoxylate (NPE) free
*ALL AMOUNTS ESTIMATED ARE BASED ON AVERAGE GUESTROOM SIZE & MATERIALS USED.